NEW OFFICIAL UPDATE RELEASE

Check here for the current official version of the Go Fab CNC software
Go Fab CNC
Site Admin
NEW OFFICIAL UPDATE RELEASE

Post by Go Fab CNC » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:46 am

This is the Official Release of the newest Go Fab CNC software.

https://gofabcnc.com/updates/

This version (and all future versions) will only have a single file to download that contains the full Go Fab CNC app. The software necessary to update the Table is included in that single Tablet file. Uninstall the previous version of the Go Fab CNC app from your Tablet, then install the newest version.

DO NOT DELETE ANY FILES OR FOLDERS FROM YOUR TABLET. JUST UNISNTALL THE PREVIOUS APP AND INSTALL THE NEW APP.

Once the newest version is installed:
- Go to the SETTINGS menu of the Go Fab CNC app
- Press the TABLE SETTINGS button
- Press the UPDATE TABLE button
- Press the UPDATE TO CURRENT button

Biggest changes in this version:
- New Dual View allows you to switch between the normal Design Space and the NEW Table Space. Table Space allows you to see exactly where your Design is going to cut on your Table
- Improvements to all Styles options: Automatic Pierce Points, Automatic Offsets, Optimized Cut Order
- Improved Interface adds more functionality and convenience

If you encounter any Bugs or issues, post them to the "Bugs" Topic on this Forum. Eduardo is monitoring the "Bugs" section and rolling out any fixes immediately. DO NOT POST ANY BUGS OR ISSUES HERE! This Post is strictly for questions on New Features and Functionality.

IF YOU NEED TO RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE GO FAB CNC SOFTWARE, YOU MUST USE THIS VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE TO RETURN THE TABLE TO ITS PREVIOUS VERSION.

Follow these steps to return to the Table to its previous version:
- Go to the SETTINGS menu of the Go Fab CNC app
- Press the TABLE SETTINGS button
- Press the UPDATE TABLE button
- Press the RETURN TO PREVIOUS button

dirtpig
Re: NEW OFFICIAL UPDATE RELEASE

Post by dirtpig » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:39 am

I'm kind of tech-challenged. Could you post a play by play on how to delete the old app and download the new?

elopez

Post by elopez » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:45 am

dirtpig wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:39 am
I'm kind of tech-challenged. Could you post a play by play on how to delete the old app and download the new?
Uninstall:
Depending on the tablet that you are using, it can be as simple as holding on the app icon until you see a trash bin icon or the word uninstall appear on the screen. If no you can do this:

1. Go to the settings in your tablet by finding the settings app.
2. Locate and select the "Apps" setting.
3. Scroll down until you see the Go Fab CNC app, and select it.
4. Hit uninstall.

Install:
1. Follow the link in the post, https://gofabcnc.com/updates/
2. Under the phone icon, click the download button. This will download the new version(apk file)
3. If you download it from the tablet, you should be able to see a notification at the top showing it's down. Tap on it and it should ask if you want to install the apk.
- If you download it from the computer, you will have to connect your tablet to the pc via a USB cable, and transfer the file from your computer to the tablet.

Warrenh

Post by Warrenh » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:48 am

Will the settings for materials be saved and can you back up and restart after an error?Just wondering.

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin

Post by Go Fab CNC » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:41 pm

Yes.

When the new version first starts, it renames the “metals.sta” file that contains all of your Metal Thickness settings to “metals.old” and creates a new “metals.sta” file with the new settings.

If you ever need to go back to the previous version, you must use this version of the Tablet software to return the Table to its previous state. When you do that, the new “metals.sta” file is deleted and the original file now called “metals.old” is renamed back to “metals.sta”.

As soon as you return the Table to its previous state using this version of the Tablet software, immediately close the Go Fab CNC app and uninstall it. If you continue to use this version of the app after returning the Table to its previous state, it’ll overwrite the old values in the “metals.sta” file and your saved settings will forever be lost.

Warrenh

Post by Warrenh » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:20 pm

Thank you. Can you start anywhere in a file or back up the torch to fix an error in cutting?

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin

Post by Go Fab CNC » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:35 pm

Yes. The “Start Anywhere” function works perfectly.

Warrenh

Post by Warrenh » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:58 pm

Y'all are awesome. Thank you.

Bulldeauxg

Post by Bulldeauxg » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:24 am

Sad I cant change the cut speed in any thickness preset without putting in like 14000 for 20 something inces a minute. Will not read a 3500 lines of code on a file I've cut several of before. Other that the fact that it's pretty I'm not impressed. I'm putting the old app back on which worked from the day it was put out a year ago with no issues. Please solve these issues...I kinda like pretty

Bulldeauxg

Post by Bulldeauxg » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:32 pm

Oh and where do I send my money for the gantry upgrade?