Check here for the current official version of the Go Fab CNC software
Cowley62
Re: Bugs

Post by Cowley62 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:09 pm

Ok thanks but my question is what is auto discovery for when it’s on

Warrenh

Post by Warrenh » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:49 pm

I have a suggestion and it does not involve a bug. It is just a suggestion. The thc works based on the voltage in the arc. I have had times where the torch runs off the plate or in a hole, then it dives down looking for the metal and it won't come back up. So what I'm wondering is can it be set to return to cut height if the arc senses 0 resistance. When the torch finds the initial plate and then goes to cut height, it could just return to cut height if it senses no metal. Almost like turning off the thc until it finds metal again. I think this would stop most torch drag issues. Like I said, just an idea. I'm not sure it is even possible.

elopez

Post by elopez » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:52 pm

Warrenh wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:49 pm
I have a suggestion and it does not involve a bug. It is just a suggestion. The thc works based on the voltage in the arc. I have had times where the torch runs off the plate or in a hole, then it dives down looking for the metal and it won't come back up. So what I'm wondering is can it be set to return to cut height if the arc senses 0 resistance. When the torch finds the initial plate and then goes to cut height, it could just return to cut height if it senses no metal. Almost like turning off the thc until it finds metal again. I think this would stop most torch drag issues. Like I said, just an idea. I'm not sure it is even possible.
That's actually something we're working on right now

Warrenh

Post by Warrenh » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:06 pm

Excellent. I knew it was a good idea. Lol

Dave56

Post by Dave56 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:03 pm

elopez wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:20 am
Warrenh wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:09 pm
There is also a file called library plaque. The tablet is breaking the file up into separate pieces and it can't be moved to arrange it for cutting. Similar to the other problem I noted
It sounds like you have auto parts discovery on. If you do, that's what it does. Try turning it off, and then try opening the file again
Ok Thank you..I will give it a try today..mine is on by factory default..Didnt know what it was for.One time yesterday.the torch was cutting 16 gauge,and it just lifted up about 2 inches like it was still cutting the file.I had to stop it and go back..and it cut then

Dave56

Post by Dave56 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:58 pm

I had bad comsumable.and had to stop my cut..changed it.and used the (GO BACK) feature.two little feet icom....It has 2 arrows each way..but one goes through pieces fast and other one just goes through each part like it s cutting slow.. The problem is .they are both SLOW..took for ever and 4 worn out finger tips getting to where i needed..SO I saying the fast needs to be fixed..thanks very much.

elopez

Post by elopez » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:02 pm

Dave56 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:58 pm
I had bad comsumable.and had to stop my cut..changed it.and used the (GO BACK) feature.two little feet icom....It has 2 arrows each way..but one goes through pieces fast and other one just goes through each part like it s cutting slow.. The problem is .they are both SLOW..took for ever and 4 worn out finger tips getting to where i needed..SO I saying the fast needs to be fixed..thanks very much.
I'll look into it

elopez

Post by elopez » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:48 pm

Dave56 wrote:
I'm actually not having any issues with it. What file were you using?

Dave56

Post by Dave56 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:24 pm

elopez wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:48 pm
Dave56 wrote:
I'm actually not having any issues with it. What file were you using?
I have a file,that I put together.I can send it too ya if you need..

elopez

Post by elopez » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:36 pm

Dave56 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:24 pm
I have a file,that I put together.I can send it too ya if you need..
Yes please