Go Fab in cold weather?

See what others are saying about their Go Fab CNC Tables
Farmer56
Go Fab in cold weather?

Post by Farmer56 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi everyone,
I’m new here as well. Interested in the 4x8 table complete with 100 plasma. Will any damage occur to the plasma table and electronics if it sits in a unheated shop? It gets as cold as -25F here in the winter. I do plan to heat it some day. Will I still be able to run the table in those temperatures?

Also to start of could I buy the 4x4 and add to it later if I wanted to go 4x8?

Working on a tight budget and wanting to see the table pay for itself before getting to deep.

I have been playing with ink scape and does seem a bit challenging. I would be using it for signage and making one off parts in the ag world locally.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Dave
Re: Go Fab in cold weather?

Post by Dave » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:46 pm

I keep mine in an unheated garage and haven’t had any issues, but it doesn’t get that cold here in central Texas.

Midwestcoastfab

Post by Midwestcoastfab » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:30 pm

I know it’s a different scenario but I wouldn’t think there would be any difference in running this table or say running a stereo or tv in those kind of temps. I am in michigan. It gets a little nasty here too. We ran our old table at the shop in that kind of cold. I’m sure this one will be fine too. We had a home built junker

Midwestcoastfab

Post by Midwestcoastfab » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Worst case. Go buy a 50 dollar salamander off Craigslist. Bump your price to pay for fuel

Farmer56

Post by Farmer56 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Thank you! That was just what I was looking for. Appreciate your time.

Dave56

Post by Dave56 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:21 am

I also want to know what everyone is using in there water pan ??? I use 3 lbs of Borax to my table..that keeps it from Rusting..Had it in my old table for 6 months..and water was clean looking under the skim of scum that floats..lol But what do you put in the water too keep it from Freezing ? thanks