More reviews please

See what others are saying about their Go Fab CNC Tables
BlueArc
More reviews please

Post by BlueArc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:46 am

I’m ready to buy a plasma table. I really like a lot of features of the gofab. There’s just not enough reviews on the table yet. How the cut speed? Kerf? Dross? Would you buy again? What would you change? Does the torch have a magnetic breakaway to sane the torch?
Pm me if you don’t want your thoughts public. I just want to know what you like or hate. Thank you

Dave
Re: More reviews please

Post by Dave » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:12 am

Kerf is about 1.5mm for me, 2mm for 3/8” plate. Dross can be bad out of the box but can be tuned to where it knocks off quick and easy. No magnetic break away, but I’ve crashed the torch plenty of times with nothing breaking, it just tilts in the holder. I actually had a guy who owns a Torchmate send me a job because his magnetic torch break away kept signaling a torch crash when there wasn’t one. I keep cut speed below 1500mmpm to avoid jagged edges. That’s probably the only thing I’d change is improve high speed edge quality. It’s not trouble free, no CNC machine is, but Ryan and Sam provide great tech support and get things fixed quick.

If you go to my website, everything in the gallery was cut on a GoFab table, most of it with an Everlast 80s. I’m pretty much planning on buying a Hypertherm when this Everlast dies. These days I’m mostly cutting 3/8” plate at around 600mmpm, 100% duty cycle, and I just knock the dross off with a piece of square tubing. That’s what you see in my “looks good as laser” post.

Http://armadilloarmor.com

BlueArc

Post by BlueArc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:32 am

Thank you Dave. I see you contribute a lot on here. I’ve been following for a long while and just would like to see more specs posted. I appreciate your feedback. I’ve learned a lot from your videos and posts.

How does your machine do with the tilted cut out pieces that get in the torch path without the breakaway?

BlueArc

Post by BlueArc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:36 am

By the ways badass company name.
Nice work. I took a look at your website.
Why are you thinking of going to powermax if the everstart is going well? Why should I just go with the powermax 45xp right away?

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:07 am

Pieces popping up hasn’t been an issue, really. If they’re small enough to pop up, the safe travel height is high enough to travel over them. If I’m cutting something intricate out that I know is going to be a problem I just keep an eye on it and pause the robot, clear the piece, and resume.

As for going straight for a 45xp, that’s probably not a bad plan. Everlast is cheaper and can do 3/8” faster than a 45xp at 100% duty cycle, consumables are cheap, and I’m getting good edge quality, but from the reliability and service stories I’ve heard, I’ve been lucky so far.

BlueArc

Post by BlueArc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:07 am

Thank you for the honest answer.

irontexasfab

Post by irontexasfab » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:44 pm

Back in the day my real career was selling Trumpf & Mazak laser systems, Flow Waterjets, Messer Mg the ONLY CNC Plasma system to be certified as a Machine tool by the AMTD. Believe me I looked at them all. Torchmate was one of my big customers before they sold to Lincoln. In todays world proprietary motion control is an expense we dont have to take anymore. Ryan and Sam have a system that is off the shelf components, I cannot tell you how much not being tethered to a PC or Hard control is heaven! This point and the affordability in comparison to the other tables in this market was my steering factor. Now owning it I can tell you the reason to buy the Go Fab. This is a mechanized motion controls system with 4 motors and drives it IS going to BREAK or have an issue. Ryan and Sam have answered their phones or text in the evening, on weekends and this Past Thanksgiving holiday.
Never have they failed to get me going. They overnighted me a new drive and motor when mine went out. I like to use a third party software for creating code and nesting and to have multiple tool sets. Ryan has altered the GoFab software on numerous occasions to accommodate this. I have emailed them files that were giving me trouble, they fixed them and emailed back to me. PRICELESS!!!!
Attachments
fg.jpg
fg.jpg (11 KiB) Viewed 18435 times

BlueArc

Post by BlueArc » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:14 am

Thank
You

I am going to bite the bullet. Just waiting
On a few more things. I was going arclight and star lab, but bang for buck I think the GoFab will be worth it.