No pierce points?

Recommended by Go Fab CNC. This is a free program that's very powerful.
Midwestcoastfab
No pierce points?

Post by Midwestcoastfab » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:15 pm

I drew a bracket today in escape. I’d like to cut out the bracket but it says I have no Pierce point. It won’t let me load the file to the tablet so I can add Pierce point. Can anyone help me? I am running into a wall. This only seems to happen when I draw a part in ink scape not use a premade picture.

rdwesley
Re: No pierce points?

Post by rdwesley » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Try watching Dave's video below. It helped me tremendously. Make sure you have your settings in inkscape set up properly. That was a problem for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjAEUaYy6IU

Robert

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:22 pm

I think this can happen if the tool set up in Inkscape is wrong. I always just start from this .svg file so I don't have to set up the tool and orientation points every time:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3ZPq ... VJ5akhyd1k

Try copying and pasting your bracket into that .svg file and generating gcode from there. If that doesn't work, save the .svg file and email it to me at davep@armadilloarmor.com and I'll see what looks wrong.

Midwestcoastfab

Post by Midwestcoastfab » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:22 am

Thanks guys. I found a way around it for the time being. I’ll get with the guys and figure out how to save the setup you posted. I am now starting everything off in paint and then importing a jpeg to Inkscape. It automatically puts my pierce points in this way. Now if I can figure out how to move my thc a little closer to strike an arc better I’ll be on it.

Ryan Lindsey

Post by Ryan Lindsey » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:09 pm

On the Metal Select screen, press the number next to “Ignite Height”. By default, it’s at 125. Set it to 60.

The Ignite Height is saved separately for every thickness, so you may want to change it for other thicknesses too.