From Inkscape to Tablet..Different size file now!!

Recommended by Go Fab CNC. This is a free program that's very powerful.
Dave56
From Inkscape to Tablet..Different size file now!!

Post by Dave56 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:26 am

When I size a file in Inkscape,and make the Gcode. and when I pull file up on Tablet to cut it was smaller.. I have a 36x36 file to cut.but its only 1.4x1.4 on the tablet! any Ideal on how to fix to stay same.? Thanks

chademling94
Re: From Inkscape to Tablet..Different size file now!!

Post by chademling94 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Make sure you are using Inkscape version .91. For some reason the transfer from the newest .92 version to the tablet is corrupt.
KROOKED IRON FAB & STEEL
CHAD EMLING
Millermatic 252
Synchrowave 210
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
Grizzly G0757Z H/V Mill
Grizzly G0765 Lathe
Ellis 1600
Everlast 80s
GoFab CNC 4'x8' Plasma Table

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin

Post by Go Fab CNC » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Also, make sure on the “Preferences” Tab of the PathToGcode window, that the Measurements are in MM, not INCHES. Always leave it in MM.

You can change the Measurement for your Design if you want to work with INCHES by going to:

File->Document Properties

Don’t change any values in the Preferences Tab of PathToGcode other than what Directory and File Name you want.

InkScape doesn’t save whether you selected INCHES over MM on the Preferences Tab, so it will treat all measurements as MM. That will make your Design 25.4 times smaller in size than you want if you selected INCHES.

Dave56

Post by Dave56 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:38 pm

Yes..That is how I have mine set up..MM in inkscape Preference under Path to Gcode...and in inkscape under Document Properties it in inches.. but file aways too small when pulled into Tablet.. Kinda a pain to have to change size in Tablet..sometimes it changes back... after I have set it right.

Dave56

Post by Dave56 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:14 pm

Dave56 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:38 pm
Yes..That is how I have mine set up..MM in inkscape Preference under Path to Gcode...and in inkscape under Document Properties it in inches.. but file aways too small when pulled into Tablet.. Kinda a pain to have to change size in Tablet..sometimes it changes back... after I have set it right.
GOT IT WORKING GOOD NOW..ALL SAME SIZE..HAD TO SET UP MY INKSCAPE TO KEEP MY INCH SETTINGS EACH TIME I RESTART INKSCAPE.