Any help on locating a starting point.

Connect with others using the same design software and get suggestions for the design program that might be right for you.
Midwestcoastfab
Any help on locating a starting point.

Post by Midwestcoastfab » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:32 am

Right now I’m using the gas and check method. I’m trying to figure out how to align my materials on the table with what I have on the tablet. I have literally cut my first piece today. So sorry if this question is of the beginner sorts. Just looking for any Advice any of you may have.

Dave
Re: Any help on locating a starting point.

Post by Dave » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:34 am

When you touch “set program start” from the movement controls, the table remembers wherever the torch is as the crosshairs on the tablet. “Home” is the top right corner of the table. There should be a purple dot on the tablet where it thinks the torch is, and you can jog the torch around and watch that dot to see where the torch will be when it’s cutting a particular part.

If you have to keep an edge of your sheet lined up with the x or y axis, DON’T line up using the bed. Use the tablet to touch the torch to one corner, then move the torch along the edge you’re aligning to to see if that edge lines up exactly with the x or y axis and nudge the sheet accordingly.

Midwestcoastfab

Post by Midwestcoastfab » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:41 am

I just read this. What I was trying to say while overthinking this is how do I figure out where my plasma table is going to begin it’s cut? I am having difficulty figuring out where my image cut will start.

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:06 am

Touch the torch and gear button on the top left to open the styles panel. On the view tab, enable show rapid movements. That will show lines for the torch moving to pierce points.

Midwestcoastfab

Post by Midwestcoastfab » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Badass man! Thank you so much. You just pretty much answered all my questions in one shot. Dude. You are a lifesaver.