cutting files

Show pictures of projects you've done.
rjk4240
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:28 pm
Location: Anthony NM
cutting files

Post by rjk4240 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:46 pm

Good morning we are having trouble getting and images to work on our new machine. If any one is willing to share any files with us so we can get this machine up and running it would be greatly appreciated .

Thank you all Rich and Wanda Kienzle

rkienzle8@gmail.com

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:39 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Contact:
Re: cutting files

Post by Dave » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:47 pm

Sure... here's my go-to test cut, just copy and paste into a txt file on the tablet:

Code: Select all

%
(Header)
(Generated by gcodetools from Inkscape.)
(Using default header. To add your own header create file "header" in the output dir.)
M3
(Header end.)
G20 (All units in inches)

(Start cutting path id: rect5224)
(Change tool to Plasma cutter)
 
G00 Z5.000000
G00 X1.030559 Y1.793605
G31 Z-100 F500 (find metal)
G92 Z0 (zero z)
G00 Z10 F500 (going up)
M03 (turn on plasma)
G04 P0.2 (pause)
G01 Z1 (going to cutting z)
G01 Z-0.125000 F100.0(Penetrate)
G03 X0.877728 Y1.779400 Z-0.125000 I-0.005631 J-0.768676 F400.000000
G03 X0.730767 Y1.735115 Z-0.125000 I0.147199 J-0.754471
G03 X0.385782 Y1.451996 Z-0.125000 I0.294162 J-0.710185
G03 X0.256232 Y1.024929 Z-0.125000 I0.639147 J-0.427067
G03 X0.385783 Y0.597862 Z-0.125000 I0.768697 J0.000000
G03 X0.730767 Y0.314744 Z-0.125000 I0.639146 J0.427067
G03 X1.174899 Y0.271000 Z-0.125000 I0.294169 J0.710183
G03 X1.568484 Y0.481374 Z-0.125000 I-0.149963 J0.753927
G01 X1.024929 Y1.024929 Z-0.125000
G01 X1.568484 Y1.568484 Z-0.125000
G03 X1.321697 Y1.734033 Z-0.125000 I-0.543546 J-0.543555
G03 X1.030559 Y1.793605 Z-0.125000 I-0.296759 J-0.709104
G01 X1.030559 Y1.793605 Z-0.125000
G00 Z5.000000
M05 (turn off plasma)
(Change tool to Plasma cutter)
 
G00 Z5.000000
G00 X0.000000 Y2.049858
G31 Z-100 F500 (find metal)
G92 Z0 (zero z)
G00 Z10 F500 (going up)
M03 (turn on plasma)
G04 P0.2 (pause)
G01 Z1 (going to cutting z)
G01 Z-0.125000 F100.0(Penetrate)
G01 X2.049858 Y2.049858 Z-0.125000 F400.000000
G01 X2.049858 Y-0.000000 Z-0.125000
G01 X0.000000 Y-0.000000 Z-0.125000
G01 X0.000000 Y2.049858 Z-0.125000
G00 Z5.000000
M05 (turn off plasma)
(End cutting path id: rect5224)


(Footer)
M5
G00 X0.0000 Y0.0000
M2
(Using default footer. To add your own footer create file "footer" in the output dir.)
(end)
%

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:39 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Contact:
Re: cutting files

Post by Dave » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:58 pm

If you're completely new to converting images to vectors in Inkscape and need a long, boring, meandering tutorial that goes over all the little things, you might find this helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjAEUaYy6IU

Sorry for my Ben Stein level of enthusiasm :D

Rickyakin
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:53 am
Re: cutting files

Post by Rickyakin » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:38 am

I have tried this. It’s a cryptic file

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:39 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Contact:
Re: cutting files

Post by Dave » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:01 am

Rickyakin wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:38 am
I have tried this. It’s a cryptic file
Not sure what you mean. Edited my first reply to make it easier to copy/paste. Just click select all and copy/paste the code block into a .txt file and open the .txt file on the tablet. You should get a square with a sort of pac man shape in it.

Ryan Lindsey
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:21 am
Re: cutting files

Post by Ryan Lindsey » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:39 am

Hey Richard,

You can use the included Triangle.ngc file. When that screen pops up saying “No Pierce Points Found”, tell it to use the Z Axis instead.

rjk4240
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:28 pm
Location: Anthony NM
Re: cutting files

Post by rjk4240 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:03 pm

Dave wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:58 pm
If you're completely new to converting images to vectors in Inkscape and need a long, boring, meandering tutorial that goes over all the little things, you might find this helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjAEUaYy6IU

Sorry for my Ben Stein level of enthusiasm :D
Thanks will take a look. I can use all the help possible Still trying to get DXF files to work also
.

Thanks Rich

rjk4240
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:28 pm
Location: Anthony NM
Re: cutting files

Post by rjk4240 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:04 pm

Ryan Lindsey wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:39 am
Hey Richard,

You can use the included Triangle.ngc file. When that screen pops up saying “No Pierce Points Found”, tell it to use the Z Axis instead.
thanks will give it a try

chademling94
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:57 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Re: cutting files

Post by chademling94 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:16 pm

rjk4240 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:03 pm
Dave wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:58 pm
If you're completely new to converting images to vectors in Inkscape and need a long, boring, meandering tutorial that goes over all the little things, you might find this helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjAEUaYy6IU

Sorry for my Ben Stein level of enthusiasm :D
Thanks will take a look. I can use all the help possible Still trying to get DXF files to work also
.

Thanks Rich
For DXF to work they need to be converted to SVG files to be workable in inkscape for me. I have been using Convertio.co The tutorials are long and boring but they have helped me a tremendous amount. Hope this helps!!
KROOKED IRON FAB & STEEL
CHAD EMLING
Millermatic 252
Synchrowave 210
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
Grizzly G0757Z H/V Mill
Grizzly G0765 Lathe
Ellis 1600
Everlast 80s
GoFab CNC 4'x8' Plasma Table

Midwestcoastfab
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:20 am
Re: cutting files

Post by Midwestcoastfab » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:15 am

https://youtu.be/5aEcng_4sVA
Check out this guys videos. Between Ryan’s video and this guy I was able to figure it out. If it’s importing the design into the machine that’s the problem I have video of Ryan and sam doing it on my machine. I can also make a beginning to end video if you’d like.


Post Reply