Question for the group?

Say hello and introduce yourself!
Murraysmetal
Question for the group?

Post by Murraysmetal » Mon May 13, 2019 1:16 am

So I'm new to all of this and just picked up my table last week. I have been messing with inkscape for about a month and am finally starting to get the hang of the design software. But time is money and that us where my question lies. Has anyone bought cut ready files from any company online? If so were they gcode files or dxf files? Also this is my second question will the table read cut ready dxf files ? If so do they work the same way with the tablet dray and drop and ready to go?
Any and allnimput would be great thanks again guys!

Dave
Re: Question for the group?

Post by Dave » Tue May 14, 2019 3:40 pm

I've gotten .dxf files from a few sources and they usually need some doctoring to produce good gcode. The tablet won't read dxf files so you need to convert them to gcode.

The issue you'll run into with dxf files and generating gcode from Inkscape is that a single shape will get broken up into multiple lines, and the tablet will add a pierce point for every line. Like a square will come in as 4 separate lines and 4 pierce points. You can fix this up in Inkscape. If I can catch my breath between all these orders I'll try and add a button to the tablet to do the touch up automatically. :lol: