New Torch Holder and Scriber

Say hello and introduce yourself!
Diamondback
New Torch Holder and Scriber

Post by Diamondback » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:06 pm

I see the new Torch Holder and Scriber have been discussed in another unrelated thread, I thought a dedicated thread might be a better place to discuss these new developments. Now with that said, can we get some details on when these will be available and what the compatibility/requirements of these are.

As far as for me, I have attached a picture of what is currently on my machine and would like to know what I need to upgrade, thanks.
Attachments
torch 2.jpg

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin
Re: New Torch Holder and Scriber

Post by Go Fab CNC » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:45 pm

Hey Dennis,

Excellent idea, thanks! I’ll repost what I said in the other thread to get started.

The new Torch Holder requires the new Z Axis. The new Z Axis has a much more rigid slide system that’s incapable of ever getting jammed or hung up. If you have a removable Z Axis currently, then it’s an easy swap that requires no tools. The new Z Axis with new Torch Holder is $300.

If you don’t have a removable Z Axis, then you’ll need our new X Axis. Our new X Axis is also designed to have the new Engraver option. Switching out your current X Axis with the new version is fairly easy, but does require disconnecting the wire harness from all of the screw terminals on the back and reconnecting them to the new one. The new X Axis is $400.

The Engraver option requires our newest X Axis and mounts to the side of the Z Axis. It uses its own slide system, so you can run the Plasma and the Engraver without swapping anything out on the Table. The entire Engraver system (including the slide) is pneumatic. The Engraver Package includes everything you need including all air lines and connectors. The Engraver package is $700.

We can ship all of these items starting 2 weeks from today.

Dennis, your Table would need the new X Axis to support the new Z Axis. The additional benefit of the new X Axis for you is that it incorporates the ability to quickly remove the Z Axis without requiring any tools, so you can swap it out with a different type of Z Axis - such as a Router. We don’t have a Router attachment ready yet, but we’re working on it and it’ll be compatible with any removable Z Axis we’ve already shipped.

Diamondback

Post by Diamondback » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:24 am

Excellent, so it will be $700 for the X axis and Z axis together. I definitely want the upgrade, probably in Jan. after the Holidays. I may be interested in the scriber as well, some video of that in action would be great.

tkton123

Post by tkton123 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:17 pm

i would definitely love to upgrade my machine to the router capable option.
my machine is the same as dennis, please let me know as soon as you have the router mount option available.
Attachments
router.jpg

Bulldeauxg

Post by Bulldeauxg » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:07 am

Yes for Gods sake I want the new holder as well. I've made about a 1000 plus cuts with the old one. It looks very cool!!!

Bulldeauxg

Post by Bulldeauxg » Sun May 03, 2020 9:02 pm

Where in the app do I go to set the engraver on metal instead of the torch?