Northern Indiana owners

Say hello and introduce yourself!
Super Dave
Northern Indiana owners

Post by Super Dave » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Anyone located in Northern Indiana that might let me come and see their operation in use? Looking at the possibility of getting a table in the coming months.

Thanks
David

Randy
Re: Northern Indiana owners

Post by Randy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:25 pm

I'm probably the Closest I'm in Ohio

Super Dave

Post by Super Dave » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:27 am

Thanks Randy. Might be a bit far at this time. Looking at one of these tables but I was hoping more users would post YouTube demos and reviews to help make a decision but there don't seem to be a lot of them.

Thanks again

Randy

Post by Randy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:10 pm

I would be more than welcome to post anything you like I use mine everyday. Best thing I have ever gotten.

Super Dave

Post by Super Dave » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 am

Thanks Randy. I guess the first question(s) I have are the basics.

What do you like about it and what you don't like about it?

Would you consider this a good buy for someone who has little CNC experience? I have 3D printing experience and will soon have a large format laser engraver. Hopefully down the road a CNC router too. Military electronics back ground and currently in IT so I know how to use a computer :D. Metal working.... not so much!

Maybe I missed it shown on the site somewhere but does a tablet come with this? Tablets are a dime a dozen these days so I'm assuming that is something the end user has to source but thought I would ask.

I'm assuming you looked at other tables but what made you decide on this one? Price? Support? Quality? Support is sort of hard to judge before you even purchase something like this because you can only go by others experiences. I've seen a lot of praise about Go Fab CNCs support but does the majority of the support come from the forum and end users or from Go Fab themselves. I hate to say this but I have seen end users that offer support on other products give bad tips or advice and sometimes it is nice to get it information right from the horses mouth and not from some guy who may not even own the product.

Did the delivery, install and setup go pretty smooth? Any issues you might want to make a new user aware of?

I'm sure there will be more but that's a start.

Thanks
David

Bmatteson

Post by Bmatteson » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:43 pm

I am on the west side of Michigan if that would help you at all. To give you my input on the table. I bought a lot for price. I have a 4x8 table and the Gofab plasma. The machine has been fun to figure out with the help of the chat rooms. For me Gofab has not been much help. But the equipment itself seems to work well once you figure it out.

Super Dave

Post by Super Dave » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:35 pm

Thanks for the input. I will say that their support worries me just a tiny bit. I know they are a small company and probably don't have the manpower to watch over this forum but there seems to be a lot of questions that go unanswered. Maybe they are all answered with a phone call instead. I'm not a Facebook person and never will be so I tend to steer away from companies that use that for their sole support platform. At least GoFab has this forum.

Did you have a lot of CNC experience when you got this? Was it a steep learning curve trying to figure out the software and table? Still trying to decide if a "newbie" could pick this up pretty quick or would I be spending the next 10 years to figure it all out.

Thanks again,
David

chademling94

Post by chademling94 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:55 pm

The support is a little in and out and i would imagine this is due to them being very busy so i understand. That being said I have had alot of help from others on the forum which usually gets me going again. Now that I have had my table for a year I understand how everything works and can pretty much fix any problem myself, so in my opinion the basic setup/wiring of the machine is quite simple.

When I got it I had zero CNC experience, the hardest part for me was figuring out how inkscaped worked but there are lots of youtube videos that help alot! As far as figuring out how the table works its not hard at all. After using it for about a month i had it pretty well figured out and could do stuff efficiently.
KROOKED IRON FAB & STEEL
CHAD EMLING
Millermatic 252
Synchrowave 210
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
Grizzly G0757Z H/V Mill
Grizzly G0765 Lathe
Ellis 1600
Everlast 80s
GoFab CNC 4'x8' Plasma Table

Midwestcoastfab

Post by Midwestcoastfab » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:02 pm

I’m in lansing michigan. I spend a lot of time from auburn to Gary. Elkhart a lot. I’m happy to help but hard to get ahold of on here. 404-304-3580. You can call or text me anytime. I’m happy to help.

Warrenh

Post by Warrenh » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:29 pm

I have had my table for 6 months and initially it didn't go well. I can tell you to get to know Justin well and buy him drinks and dinner. Lol. He will answer your calls and questions. He is the only reason I still have my table. They sent him to my home in Florida and he fixed the issues I had. It has been working great since he came. The last update was a year ago and they have been promising the next one since I picked my table up. I will say that you should never lay out a full sheet of parts to cut at one time. If you get a problem half way through there is no way to restart at the problem. That would be my biggest complaint. Not being able to restart where you need to in a file. My cuts are good now. I just do one part at a time.