Go Fab CNC ACCELERATED !!

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin
Re: Go Fab CNC ACCELERATED !!

Post by Go Fab CNC » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:22 pm

Cody wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:33 am
I just checked and it does say version 4.77. I downloaded it straight from the updates section on the website on November 12th and was positive it said 4.78, but apparently I was wrong. When I update from 4.77 to 4.78 or 4.79 will I need to update the table too and set it back up (table size, z calibration, etc) or just the app?
Hey Cody,

The Table will need to be Updated also with 4.78, but whenever a Table Update is required, it’ll let you know and do it for you when you install the newest version of the App.

Same deal with your Table Settings. If the new version needs them, it’ll tell you.

You shouldn’t need to redo the Table Settings on 4.78.

Cowley62

Post by Cowley62 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:48 pm

Thanks to the GOFAB team for the the new software its great. 4.78 has some really nice features.

DBloomfield72

Post by DBloomfield72 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:31 pm

Good morning the new software is working pretty well one issue I am having is the torch will come down find material and come back up to fire height fire the torch but not drop back down to cut it will try again then I get can't find material message so I pause and restart and have found if I bump the torch it will cut the pattern for the most part I have to constantly baby sit it and bump the torch it just requires a lite tap and like I said its intermittent any help would be appreciated definitely don't want to have to babysit constantly

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin

Post by Go Fab CNC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:16 pm

DBloomfield72 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:31 pm
Good morning the new software is working pretty well one issue I am having is the torch will come down find material and come back up to fire height fire the torch but not drop back down to cut it will try again then I get can't find material message so I pause and restart and have found if I bump the torch it will cut the pattern for the most part I have to constantly baby sit it and bump the torch it just requires a lite tap and like I said its intermittent any help would be appreciated definitely don't want to have to babysit constantly
The issue is that the Plasma Cutter is having trouble making an electrical connection with the Metal you’re Cutting.

The solution is to lower the Ignite Height value. When the Plasma Cutter is Firing, it needs to be 1/8” or closer to the Metal to make a good connection.

Don’t use the numbers shown for the different Ignite, Plunge and Cut Heights as you’re only reference. It’s very important to do a visual inspection of where the Torch is when it’s Firing. If it’s more than 1/8”, lower the Ignite Height Value.

The Ignite Height should never be lower than the Plunge and Cut Height and the Cut Height should never be below the Plunge Height.

The easiest way to check is to physically turn the Plasma Cutter OFF and try to run a Cut. The Torch will go to the Ignite Height and pause since it can’t detect the Plasma Cutter Firing. After a short period of time, it’ll raise again and give you that message. You need to assess the Ignite Height before it raises itself back to HOME. Repeat this process till you get the Torch trying to Fire at 1/8” above the Material. It doesn’t need to be exactly 1/8”, but roundabouts.

DBloomfield72

Post by DBloomfield72 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:51 am

Thank you I will make adjustments asap and let you

Cody

Post by Cody » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 am

With the old software, I could set my start point then move my torch over to another spot/edge of material to measure distance. Now if I set my measurements to inches it won't measure the torch distance from zero on x or y axis, but I can set it to mm and it works perfectly.

Also auto parts discovery is always on when a new file is opened. If i turn it off and exit the file and load another it shows auto parts discovery is off when it's really on so you have to tap to turn it on then back off for it to actually turn off.

Those aren't really major bugs, but I figured I'd make it known here. I'm running V 4.78 also.

dirtpig

Post by dirtpig » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:48 am

Do I need to delete the old software before installing the new?

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin

Post by Go Fab CNC » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:01 am

Cody wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 am
With the old software, I could set my start point then move my torch over to another spot/edge of material to measure distance. Now if I set my measurements to inches it won't measure the torch distance from zero on x or y axis, but I can set it to mm and it works perfectly.

Also auto parts discovery is always on when a new file is opened. If i turn it off and exit the file and load another it shows auto parts discovery is off when it's really on so you have to tap to turn it on then back off for it to actually turn off.

Those aren't really major bugs, but I figured I'd make it known here. I'm running V 4.78 also.
Excellent find Cody. We’ll get it fixed. Thanks

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin

Post by Go Fab CNC » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:02 am

dirtpig wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:48 am
Do I need to delete the old software before installing the new?
Yes, you need to delete the old App to install the Accelerated Software.