Go Fab CNC ACCELERATED !!

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin
Re: Go Fab CNC ACCELERATED !!

Post by Go Fab CNC » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:03 pm

G2_Fabworks wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:37 pm
Loving the new software! This is the best my table has run since I've had it. Only problem I'm seeing so far is that the cut speeds are too fast and giving a sawtooth cut even when I select quality instead of speed. Not a big issue, I just dropped the feed speed down and it's good to go. Otherwise I love it!
That’s awesome!

Have you tried putting a Washer in front of the Bolt Heads for the Bearings on the Y Axis to help with Sawtooth?

Randy Rittgers made a post about it in Tips & Tricks and everyone is having great success with it.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2051

G2_Fabworks

Post by G2_Fabworks » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:39 am

I'll give that a shot. I ran the table all day today and have two areas of concern.
1: I keep having issues with arcok. It seems about every third or fourth pierce it won't work and I end up having to hit skip for this pierce. I don't know if this also does something with the torch height control or not but it seems to want to crash into the material after I have to skip arc ok. On the picture that's what happened at the top right of the 3 and then it crashed on the bottom of the 1 as well.
2: when I try to start somewhere other than the standard place( like if I had an issue and had to say bring the torch back to the side or whatever), it starts the arc at the end of the previous point and carries it lit across to where I'm trying to start from. On the picture I attached I had selected to start at the upper nail hole and it stayed on and cut all the way across to the next pierce point.
Attachments
16026501823585595556871551357633.jpg

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin

Post by Go Fab CNC » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Try lowering the Ignite Height if you keep having issues with ArcOK not working. The lower it is to the Metal, the better a connection it’ll get. I just changed the way Skip Arc OK works, so it shouldn't dive after using it.

For the Start Anywhere feature, don’t just skip to a Section - use the Segment buttons to actually highlight the Segment you want to start on.

The Section button has a glitch that grabs the last Segment from the Previous Section as the starting point.

Use Section to get to the Section you want, then use Segment to highlight the actual Segment of that Section you want to start on (even if it's the first Segment)

The Update link is has the new fixes.

G2_Fabworks

Post by G2_Fabworks » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:33 pm

I did the washer thing and wow. The new software and getting the table dialed makes this is the best my table has ever cut so far. Thanks for the help so far, I'm loving it!