Table gets stuck in the middle of cutting process

Describe any bugs you have encountered
Mlcf13
Table gets stuck in the middle of cutting process

Post by Mlcf13 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:06 am

My table is getting stuck in the middle of the cutting process when cutting letters or small objects that fall down and it seems like it has something to do with the auto height sensor, after a piece falls then it can’t adjust the height and it stays stuck in that position and just keeps firing the plasma in that spot and won’t move, it could be at the start of the process or in the middle. It just stays stuck there and the hold process of time and material is wasted. I’ve been trying to come up with a solution like maybe adding cross bars that incert into the existing ones to tighten the gap but I’m just getting really frustrated with this problem.

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin
Re: Table gets stuck in the middle of cutting process

Post by Go Fab CNC » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:54 pm

It sounds like you’re issue is related to the ArcOK process. If there’s no Material where the Torch is Firing, it won’t be able to make contact with the Material. It’ll continue to Fire, wait, turn the Plasma OFF, then Fire again and repeat this process indefinitely till you place a scrap piece of Material under the Torch so it can get contact again and start cutting the file.

We just added a feature to the current Update software that allows to to skip the ArcOK functionality if you hit a spot where it’s firing and there’s no Material. It’ll also notify you after retiring 2 times to let you know there’s an issue.

beachjeeps

Post by beachjeeps » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:26 pm

I have a very similar issue to this with my table and they sent me a part and I changed it out. Unfortunately it still having height control issues with almost every cut and I have wasted hundreds of dollars in material and countless hours of cutting pieces that didn't pan out. If you figure out something that fixes please post it!

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin

Post by Go Fab CNC » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:03 pm

I wasn’t aware there was an ongoing issue. Call Ryan and we’ll get it sorted out.

Dave56

Post by Dave56 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:22 pm

I also have had problems with the torch going down..and torch fires..but don`t go any where! I kept messing with it.and what I found on my table.was the Z (torch holder) would come down .but now far enough down.I put my hand on my torch holder and push down ward pressure a little bit....and it dropped down like 1/4" more.and the torch took off cutting as it should..It doing it more now..I don`t like baby setting it.So today. I`m pulling the Z axis and taking apart to see what is catching..Not sure if same on your guys.but that is what I just found with mine.

Warrenh

Post by Warrenh » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:14 pm

I had issues with the torch going up and down and riding up out of cuts. Also diving as the cut continues. I found that increasing the air pressure to 95 psi fixed the issues. I don't have any of the torch up and down now.