Water Pans?

BlueArc
Re: Water Pans?

Post by BlueArc » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:32 am

jeffz1 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:15 pm
I finally finished my water pan. I couldn't deal with the dust any longer. I still haven't decided what additive that i will add to the water to prevent rust.
Details on that bad boy. Do you pump the water through all those barrels during cutting to keep a water flow so it stays fairly clean?

jeffz1
Re: Water Pans?

Post by jeffz1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:43 pm

The barrels just serve as a reservoir for storing the water when parts drop below the slats or when the table is not in use. I use compressed air to push the water back to the table. I KNOW, I KNOW I could over pressure the barrels creating a bomb. I turn the regulator down and throttle down the ball valve applying very little pressure to the drums. I found a you-tube video where a plastic drum was pressured up to 65 psi before it exploded and I am not going anywhere near that. I plan on adding a relief valve set around 20 psi just to be safe. The pan holds around 140 gallons so the 3 drums are perfect. I ordered the ingredients yesterday for the home brew water additive, I'll be mixing it up this weekend. I have only made a couple cuts since I completed the pan but it works very well at catching the dust.