Pre-Release of the next Update!

Check here for FREE Updates to your Go Fab CNC Table
Go Fab CNC
Site Admin
Pre-Release of the next Update!

Post by Go Fab CNC » Wed May 22, 2019 4:34 am

WARNING!! THIS UPDATE IS A PRE-RELEASE. THERE WILL BE BUGS. DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE IF YOU HAVE PROJECTS WAITING TO BE COMPLETED - WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL RELEASE!

WARNING!! YOUR METAL THICKNESS SETTINGS AND TORCH HEIGHT SETTINGS WILL BE DELETED! YOU MUST BACKUP YOUR "METALS.STA" FILE THATS IN THE "GOFABCNC" FOLDER ON THE TABLET IF YOU WANT THE OPTION TO RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE GO FAB CNC APP AND WANT YOUR PREVIOUS SETTINGS BACK.

A few new things..
- Updates are now a single file (Table file is built in to the Tablet file)
- Design rendering is now done using the Graphics Chip so giant and complicated Design files Move and Edit with ease
- Torch Height values are now in MM/INCH (this is why the old Settings are getting erased)
- Safe Travel Height for faster movement between Pierces (can be set to any MM/INCH value above Material Surface)
- Auto Parts Discovery for Design files with multiple Parts (you can Move and Edit each Part in a Design file independently)
- Tablet Not Connected Notifications (if you loose your connection, you'll know!)
- Switch between File Space and Table Space (Table Space shows you the location of the Torch on the Table and the location of your Designs on the Table, File Space is where you do your Designing - it's the normal view on the previous versions of the Go Fab CNC app)
- Start Memory (the exact location you start each cut at will be saved on the Table allowing you to return to the same spot if you have any issues such as a flipped breaker and loss of power)

A few improvements...
- Automatic Pierce Points & Automatic Offsets have been improved
- FIRE TORCH button added to Controller screen to allow Manual Cutting
- Zoom functions work more naturally now

Bugs Squashed...
- Bug that caused single Line commands to fail after about 90 inches
- Bug that prevented the Torch from raising when Pause is pressed
- Bug that prevented the Edit/File controls from reappearing after stopping/finishing a Cut

Things that are broken in this Pre-Release that will be fixed for the Official Release
- Start Anywhere function is enabled, but buggy. I'm working on thisand will have it working properly ASAP

That's all i can think of for now. I know this prerelease is bound to have a few bugs, so please keep that in mind as you use it. And please let me know what bugs you find so we can get them fixed before the official release.

Here's the link: https://gofabcnc.com/wp-content/uploads/GoFabCNC.apk

GregSmith
Re: Pre-Release of the next Update!

Post by GregSmith » Thu May 23, 2019 4:45 am

The manual Cutting feature is going to be very handy, I could have used this today. Glad to see updates. 👍🏼

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri May 31, 2019 4:53 pm

Been using the pre-release exclusively for awhile now and it's working great! Table view just showed me a part that was a little outside the limits of the cutter and saved me some wasted AR500 steel, which is pricey stuff.

rdwesley

Post by rdwesley » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:53 pm

Does this take care of a big that when I use the same file over and over again it doesn’t always cut the same way... sometimes it cuts all inside then outside other times it cuts 85% inside, them cuts outside then back to finish inside cuts. It is the exact same gcode file but it cuts differently almost every time.

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:20 am

It might. That whole system was overhauled to be faster and less error prone. Try it and see and if it doesn't work post here, or you can send me the gcode file at davep@armadilloarmor.com and I'll try it.

GregSmith

Post by GregSmith » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:08 pm

I cant install update, says "app not installed, package conflicts with an existing package with same name". It must be an android thing, I deleted all other gofab programs, same error. Any ideas?

rdwesley

Post by rdwesley » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:06 pm

I get same message. Unable to install?

rdwesley

Post by rdwesley » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:21 am

I uninstalled my program and was able to install new version...

Some feedback on issues I came across.

Cutting 14 gauge..

1) My torch now appears to be dragging with the stock settings.
2) doesn’t wait for pierce through sometimes before starting
3) didn’t appear to update the table at all
4) travel height did not work for me
5) tried to pause and was unable to see settings that would allow you to move torch to another segment.
6) when tablet locked and I reopened the program all i saw was program running. Unable to see file cuts etc...
7) mine says table version ? At top of screen.
8) pierce points when cutting out a piece it leads in and when the piece completes, it falls out and torch continues to run and falls down because piece it was cutting is gone.

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin

Post by Go Fab CNC » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:55 pm

It sounds like the Table needs to be Updated.

To do that, make sure the Table is on and the Tablet is connected.

Press the little gear button at the bottom left of the Go Fab CNC app.

Then press “Table Settings”.

Then press “Update Table”.

Say ok to the warning screen that pops up.

Then wait for the Update to install.

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin

Post by Go Fab CNC » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:56 pm

If the Tablet File won’t install, delete the old app from the Tablet and try the Update again.