Sheetcam to GoFab lead-in troubles

Another great program for creating designs specifically for CNC machines.
Richard
Sheetcam to GoFab lead-in troubles

Post by Richard » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:00 am

Has anyone run into the problem after posting G-Code and bringing it into GoFab the lead-ins are being inserted in the wrong place and across the part? I even tried turning off the lead-ins in sheetcam and it looks fine but when I bring it into GoFab it puts them in anyway and across the face of the part? Anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening? Thanks so much.

tkton123
Re: Sheetcam to GoFab lead-in troubles

Post by tkton123 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:43 pm

Hi Richard, i have not had any issues of that, but i'm still running the old version of the tablet and table software, i will not uptade since i'm running without any issues with the old one. what post processor are you using on sheetcam?

Zingfab

Post by Zingfab » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:43 am

Yep. Got my table a few weeks ago and still haven't been able to really use it. Inkscape is fine but trying to convert dxf files to g code in sheetcam has been a nightmare. Not to mention the gantry had parts falling off it out of the crate... Les from sheetcam has been trying to help come up with a post processor that will work to no avail. Dave Hill has also been a HUGE help. Hard to get ahold of the guys at gofab for any real assistance. I dont know if they are just swamped or what.
Might try taking the table to the old software and see if that helps. I just followed as the screen said when I set it up. It said install new software so I did. Wondering if that's not the problem.
I tried asking sam at gofab but he has been unresponsive as of late.

Go Fab CNC
Site Admin

Post by Go Fab CNC » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:31 pm

We’re working with Les at SheetCAM also to have a dedicated Go Fab CNC Post Processor.

Sam has been in a remote spot of Canada the past week with poor phone service, but he’s back now.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:14 pm

Thanks for everyone's response. Hi tkton123. I am a new user and just getting online and setup. Sam has been a great help. I think they have been really busy by the sounds of things. I just received the new post processor for Sheet Cam from GoFab CNC. So that's the one I have been trying to use. I haven't run a cut yet from sheet cam. Been busy with the kids the last few days but have been playing/learning how to use inkscape and sheetcam at night. Prior to the GoFab's post processor I did try the generic one and had the same issue. the generic one I believe is or was the old post processor that was being used. Should be able to get back at it tomorrow night.

plasmaman

Post by plasmaman » Tue May 26, 2020 1:31 am

Can someone share the new post processor for Sheet Cam that is being talked about here?
GoFab 4' x 8' plasma CNC