GoFab doesn't understand Sheetcam Gcode??

Another great program for creating designs specifically for CNC machines.
GregSmith
GoFab doesn't understand Sheetcam Gcode??

Post by GregSmith » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:06 am

I was wondering if you can help me with this problem. I have these dxf files where the line segments in the shapes have unconnected points (unconnected nodes). For example, a line has a point on each end. Each line in a rectangle would have 2 nodes for a total of 8 points (8 nodes). When I use inkscape to gcode, it makes a pierce point at each point on the unconnected shape. On the file I attached, inkscape generates over 644 pierce points when opened in the gofab app!!

When importing the dxf into sheetcam, sheetcam automatically fixes the unconnected node problem and each shape has a single pierce point. Wonderful! The gofab app displays the file correctly, however, the gofab app doesn't know what to do with the sheetcam gcode, it does nothing more than show an image in the app.

Could you look at the dxf and sheetcam gcode to see what the problem is? The only sure fix I know of is painstakingly connecting each node in inkscape to eliminate the pierce points. I don't want to do that because I have 40 something files, thousands of nodes to connect :( Sheetcam does an excellent job, I just don't know how to use it with gofab.