Everlast 60S - Just Blowing Air and Relaying in/off

Sam Lindsey
Re: Everlast 60S - Just Blowing Air and Relaying in/off

Post by Sam Lindsey » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:26 am

Hey Greg,
Try removing the torch completely from the holder and test fire it. Make sure you have brand new consumables and the swirl ring is placed so that it fits on the tip. If you still do not see a pilot arc after that there is a good chance it is still the fuse holder. 9 times out of 10 it’s either the fuse or the swirl ring.

GregSmith

Post by GregSmith » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:36 am

I turned torch 1/4 turn one way and kept the slit in the holder to the side, now torch has been firing good again. I remember I turned the yellow torch logo to the front before all this.

Now I’m f I can figure out what all the settings in the app mean I’ll be able to make smart adjustments (I’ll post a new thread for that).

Thanks everyone.

Sidetracked

Post by Sidetracked » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:49 am

I ran into the same issue. Everything was working one day, next day had this issue. I tried a bunch of things but I think rotating the torch ended up solving it temporarily. Then I had it do it again a couple runs later and adjusted the pierce delay back to the original setting and that solved it that time. I feel like the torch holder though is very sensitive. Sometimes the torch hits the metal while cutting and it gets pushed out of position, then doesn't work right again.

Best troubleshooting for me was the suggestion to take the torch out of the holder and fire it while holding it in your hand near the metal.

Sidetracked

Post by Sidetracked » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:36 pm

i kept having this issue. i got a little frustrated and i smacked the torch holder assembly and it started working. tried and true method of fixing stuff right there lol

GregSmith

Post by GregSmith » Sat May 11, 2019 12:50 am

Sidetracked wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:36 pm
i kept having this issue. i got a little frustrated and i smacked the torch holder assembly and it started working. tried and true method of fixing stuff right there lol
The Fonze method also relieves stress😁

Sidetracked

Post by Sidetracked » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:02 pm

Back to having this issue all the time now. When it finally does start to fire, it doesn't send the arc OK signal. The torch just sits there and fires over and over again blowing a bigger hole in the metal. if i turn off the "wait for Arc OK" setting, the torch starts moving before it finishes piercing and doesn't cut properly. changing pierce delay doesn't seem to change anything. Any more thoughts on this?

Midwestcoastfab

Post by Midwestcoastfab » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:54 am

Hey guys. Sorry I’m late. Mine did the same thing. I took the case off and took the valve out that controls the air flow. The spring inside gets weak and needs a good stretching. This is common with these type solenoids. I stretched the spring out and put it back together and back in business. I guess I should mention that I work for a pneumatic suspension company. We see this problem almost daily.